This competition aims to stimulate local residents and visitors to the Brilley and borders environment to go out, explore and look closely at the woodlands and trees this summer and autumn. Not only do we have a good number of Wildlife reserves on our doorstep, there are some amazing tucked away, forgotten places graced with ancient trees and secret wildlife, maybe only known to a few of us... Take your camera and capture the magic !!
Use your imagination to illustrate with photos in the three categories of this competition :
This competition is focused on the here and now so photographs must be taken within 10 miles radius of Brilley AND within the time frame of this competition 1 Aug 2017 to 21st Nov 2017.
We are very pleased to have the world renowned local expert on tree photography, Archie Miles on the judging panel for this competition – Take a look at his website http://www.archiemiles.co.uk for inspiration (but don’t be put off by his amazing skill ! )
The prizes for this competition have been selected in the spirit of its stated aims above and hope to further enhance the winners' engagement with nature in Brilley and borders. We aim to have something exciting for everyone so therefore we offer winners a choice from a list of first, second and third prizes respectively. Please click HERE to see what interesting prizes we have so far.
Please read on to find out how to enter and the terms and conditions of this competition.
1. Brilley And Borders Environment (BABE) is the organiser and promoter of this photographic competition
2. This competition is free and open to anyone. Any child under 18 will require their parent or guardian to enter on their behalf and in doing so will confirm that the organisers can exercise the rights referred to in these rules, and that the child can take up the main prizes if they are a prize winner.
3. Photographs must be taken within a radius of 10 miles of Brilley and must be taken between 1 August 2017 and 21 November 2017.
4. Winners will be chosen for each of the three competition categories. The winners will be the pictures, which, in the opinion of the judges, combine the best technical excellence along with the best interpretation of the competition themes. The judges’ decision will be final. The winning entries will be announced on Tuesday 28th November following a talk by Archie Miles for Herefordshire Wildlife Trust on Heritage trees of the Welsh Borders. Winners will also be notified via email within thirty days of the closing date of the competition.
5. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that competitors agree to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
6. Entries should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Image files must be in jpg format and be 200 dpi and be less than 4MB. We are unable to accept postal or entries. Please submit your photos including: your name and address and for each photo : the competition category, date and description of the location where the photos were taken. We will acknowledge receipt of your entry via email.
7. All entries must be received by midnight November 21st 2017.
8. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
9. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in return for entering the competition, each entrant grants a licence to BABE to feature the winning photos on the Brilley website. Any images used by BABE will be accredited to the copyright holder. No other usage of competition photos is envisaged and if a future requirement should arise, copyright holders will be contacted to ask express permission for such usage
10. Up to two entries per competition category are permitted per person so a maximum of 6 photos.
11. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
12. Events may occur that render the competition itself, or the awarding of the prizes, impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and accordingly the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
13. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts shall prevail.